Paddington hair salon, New York or Chicago? The dream of any salon owner is to build a successful business and become an authority in the industry.
Ever heard of diversity and inclusion? This is the new normal of the business world, which aren’t feasible except with the aid of sustainable, scalable and customizable technological solutions. Salons and their owner could only be playing the banner and lip service when claiming the above without a robust salon software.
Technological innovation has been at the fore front of economical, industrial and social advancements of the 21st century. With no industry left behind, salon owners now have a plethora of innovative software, that not only automate some of their processes but aslo enhance the overall effectiveness of their operation.
What is a salon software? What functions does it? What benefit does salon owners stand to gain? These are essentail questions you need answers to. That’s exactly what this article does. Plus a quick rundown on some of the most popular salon software.
Here we go…
What is a Salon Software?
A salon software is any software that helps salon operators and styling professionals in any aspect of their day-to-day business activities. These software can handle operations such as appointments, bookings and scheduling, point of sales transactions, marketing amidst other things.
The salon industry is more than just a service outlets industry like all other, or an off shelve purchase store. It is a personal industry and thus require a personal approach, else customers will go elsewhere.
As salon opens every other day, managing multiple customers requests, bookings, appointments and scheduling can prove exacerbating, especially during the peak business hours. That’s where a salon software come to play. They automate the A-Z of operations leaving stylists to work behind the chairs with full concentration. “NEXT”and the next customer come on seat.
Putting it straight, a salon software is a handy toolbox that contains all essential elements to navigate your salon business to stardom. click here to learn more manage your appointment.
FUNCTIONS OF SALON SOFWARE
Besides the styling, coloring and the hairdo that are major concern of salon staff, a salon software does one thing that packs a punch; salon Management. Hence, it is also called Salon Management Software. Other than some function-specific salon software, a salon management software comes with all or some of the following functionalities:
Booking and Scheduling Management: With no distraction to the staff and no obstruction to customer, a salon software automate the processes of booking, sceduling, rescheduling and following up of appointments on the go. Thanks to an intuitive dashboard.
Automation of Appointments: Upon booking, customers will need information about time, the service, cost and especially the stylist available. All the above are readily available at the tip of their finger. Some few taps and there they are.
Customers Data and Interaction: With the help of a software solution, salon operators can capture meaningful data about their customers. They can also study customers behavior to support reaching out and personalized customer experience and interactions.
Employee and Payroll Service: salon software help owners in monitoring key performance metrics of individual employee such as availability, schedules and client relations. It also help to calculate renumerations, wages/salary and compensations
Billings and Transactions: Automatically calculate the cost of service, add discounts if applicable, and generate bills. These software also open an easy window to payment with it multi-channel payment gateways such as e-wallets, debit/Credit, POS, and cash.
Marketing: Salon software Alllow users to run targeted campaigns based on available data. Reaching out to customers through promotions, service discount and gift coupon also becomes easier.
BENEFITS OF A SALON SOFTWARE
Since salon management software comes with a bunch of features, there are fortunes for salon owners in adopting it usage and more fortunes when fully at scale. In an inexhaustive list, let’s highlight some of these benefits;
1. Optimum Concentration: A salon software take distractions off your table as a salon owner or staff. By not attending to calls, handling bookings and scheduling, you get enough time to focus on what you do best.
2. Accurate Data: Working with data is the foundation of successful business. By using a salon software, you get a hawk’s eye view of information which can be used to improve your business. Data such as customers satisfaction and feedback, employee performance, client satisfaction by stylist and other business hotspots.
3. Effective Reporting: A robust salon software allows the generation of continuous, seasonal, periodical and categorical reports and statistics that are likely to take a lot of time when done manually. Just some clicks and your report is documented and ready to be downloaded.
4. Payment Made Easy: Customers prefer service outlet that offer multiple payment option than businesses with one payment method.
5. Marketing Automation: By using a good salon software, keeping in touch with customers becomes an all-time affair. You longer need to manually place a call through or send SMS to talk about their next appointment. The software take care of that.
6. Top-Notch Customer Service: An ingenious salon software gives a perfect customer service at no extra effort. With features like e-customer records you no longer need to rack your brain to pull details up or do extra work to keep customers info up to date. It’s done automatically.
7. All-Mighty Management: This might sound to you as the summary of all, afterall management is about creating prosperity out of propensity. A salon managed efficiently have accelerated growth by doing less, once there’s a software in place that you can trust. visit https://www.benefitcosmetics.com/en-gb/book-appointment to learn more about benefit of manage your appointment.
SOME SALON SOFTWARE TO CHECK OUT
- Main Application: Management solution
- Operation Mode: Cloud based and on-premise
- Prominent features: Inventory reporting, payroll, traffic-based staffing.
- Main application: Hair color management
- Operation mode: Cloud-based and on premise
- Main features: Color tracking system, formulation control, color mixing
- Main function: Appointment scheduling solution
- Operation Mode: Cloud based
- Prominent features: Online Bookings, Customer relation and time tracking.
- Main function: Business Management solution
- Operation Mode: Cloud-based
- Prominent features: Client database, bookkeeping, automated marketing etc
When I work:
- Main applications: Employee scheduling solution
- Operation: Cloud based
- Main feature: filling shifts, timesheets, attendance and time tracking and payroll.
Now you know what a salon software is. The functions and benefits are likewise no news to you. Look around for these software, perhaps you can step up your game, invest in one and join the league of fascinating salon owners.